Big Brother Canada Rules
There are some of the rules which houseguests participating in Big Brother Canada Season 8 must follow.
The Big Brother Rules Book is a handbook of rules and regulations created by Big Brother for houseguests during their stay in the house.
It plays a major part of the show, though is often overlooked. It can affect a houseguest’s stay inside the house if he or she violates one or more of the rules, as each violation results in a corresponding punishment.
BBCAN House Rules
The following house rules are the most important rules in the Big Brother Canada House and must be followed by all houseguests. If a houseguest were to violate these rules, he or she could face punishment or expel.
- Housemates shall have no contact with the outside world.
- All housemates must wear a microphone at all times, except when swimming or sleeping.
- Conversations in the Diary Room should always stay confidential. No one should ever share such conversations with other houseguests unless told to do so.
- Whispering inside the house is strictly prohibited. (Whispering is defined as talking too softly for a microphone to detect)
- Housemates should never intimidate, threaten or act violently towards any other housemate.
- Tasks are compulsory, but housemates may be permitted to refrain from participating where health or other reasons are accepted by Big Brother.
- Speaking in another language aside from the official language used by the show is strictly prohibited.
- The housemates should never deliberately break anything inside the house.
- The housemates should never discuss anything related to the outside world. (Selectively enforced)
- The Bible and other religious literature are the only books allowed in the house
- Covering or tampering microphones or cameras, writing secret messages, talking under hidden places (such as bedding, tables and beds) are strictly prohibited.
- The Houseguests must leave the house immediately (after brief goodbyes) once evicted and immediately experience an interview with the host on live television.
- Production has the sole discretion over what to broadcast and what not to broadcast.
- The following items are forbidden inside the house:
- Drugs and narcotics
- Personal medication (except in consultation with Big Brother)
- Money, checkbooks, or credit/debit cards
- Mobile/cell phones
- TVs, Computers, or Gaming Devices
- PalmPilots or electronic organizers
- Agendas or diaries
- Books, aside from official religious texts
- Pens or any similar writing implements (unless provided by Big Brother)
- Paper or writing pads (unless provided by Big Brother)
- Musical instruments (allowed in some countries)
- Any ready-made games, such as playing cards (unless received from production)
- Any item requiring electrical or battery power
- Radios or walkmans
- CDs or CD players
- Clothes entirely white in color, with prominent commercial logos (unless authorized), or messages to the outside world.
- The Head of Household must nominate two people for eviction.
- The winner of the Power of Veto may elect to remove one nominee from the block, including themselves. If the Power of Veto is golden, the HOH must immediately select a replacement nominee. If it is diamond, the winner of the power must immediately select a replacement nominee.
- The doors to the house remained locked at all times, though a HouseGuest is free to quit the game whenever they choose; however, once leaving the house, they are not permitted to re-enter
- Houseguests must vote to evict one of the two nominees on live television unless declared ineligible to vote. Unless otherwise directed, the vote will be cast in the diary room.
- Specific rules about the house and how the houseguests are responsible for its maintenance